Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Resolutions

One of my favorite times of year is when the New Year starts. It allows me to feel that I can start fresh. Put past failures behind me and start anew. Only the calendar can have that kind of effect on people, really it just is any other day. This year -- is the year I get fit. Cause for all I want to do, I cannot do it without being healthy. One so I don't miss work, two so that I can smile when I look in the mirror. It's not that I don't love myself, it's that I know I'm missing out on life if I do not get fit.

Getting fit means that I finally can do 10 real Push-Ups in a row, it means that my back doesn't hurt me as much. It means that I'm at least 40 lbs lighter by 2010. One of the ways I'm doing this is eliminating all of the junk food in the house. This means no cookies, candies, or anything I know that I will overindulge in. So that still leaves me with ice cream as I only ever eat a few spoonfuls at a time. I also allow myself one Pepsi in the morning. Short of that, I have limited myself to fresh food and home cooked food.

One of my other resolutions is to eliminate my frivolous spending. Too often do I spend money because I am bored or because I want something new. When I now make purchases it will be because I truly want it, something that I have saved up for, or for something for my goal of getting fit. So this means I can use my money towards dance classes at the local dance studio, or for workout classes.

My third resolution is to spend money on my education. This one I do not know if I will be able to do and this is because I still have to pay of the debt I acquired for Christmas and the Vet Bills, and the cost of my dentistry from years ago that I am STILL paying off. But I'm looking to take travel agent classes and photography classes so that I can up my skills. Still looking to take classes in entrepreneurship, marketing and general business classes as it can help out in ANY field.

I think these are great goals, and this should mean I'll have a very good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment